Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

Hi Keeweed,

I know I said I would study and not play this game obsessively, to be the first person to knock out the sorcerer in one hit with a basilisk tube, and other wonderous things, but of course I have been experimenting with your new spells and items.

So, I noticed a couple of glitches I don’t think are intended. Firstly, when you go into the inventory to check the status of a cursed or enchanted weapon, the voiceover reads out a long equation instead of just saying “enchanted Defense +1” or “Cursed Defence -2”

Btw, love the new cursed and enchanted weapons.

Another glitch I noticed is when I took a goblin chief down to zero life with 2 spells cast as a mage he didn’t die, even though his life total was 0
The ring flashed and I had to choose to attack
I ate a mushroom and then he did die. I thik it’s just a game glitch, but worth fixing.

I also noticed that I can’t use bare hands if I have four weapons capable of doing damage. This is frustrating when I’m carrying enchanted weapons I don’t want to damage, and my attack would be enough to kill the monster.

Although I did notice you also don’t let us kill demons with bare hands anymore, like the wraith cheat in the old version. I did like the cheat, but understand the reason for the change. Also with the introduction of spirits that only temporarily fade the weapon I can accept the new rule of being forced to part with a weapon to kill a demon. Also, if the weapon dealing the damaging blow is destroyed I guess I wouldn’t want that happening to my bare hands.

I have found a buckler and camaflouge cloack, I noticed the elvin belt adds +1 speed in all encounters, but the cloack is now for defense only, Just wondering are there some sorta gloves or something for a speed boost that only applies to attacks?

I also like the poisin switch mushroom, instead of antidote, it seems very homeopathic – like cures like.

I noticed that you changed the warrior and assassin rings to work on Every fourth hit. The predictability does allow for some better strategizing, I like the change, but could see the value in the randomizer as well. This way does feel a little more strategic though.

I also noticed that you have a few dungeons that force you to go back the same way. That keeps it interesting for sure, and makes sense, sometimes there is just one way in and the same way back out.

It sure is a bugger when you have an allergic reaction though, and now you don’t even get a mushroom to compensate you for the life adjustment.

Wah! – and you took away the crown quest – double wah!

Actually, the crown/crystal quest change is the one change that I really didn’t like at all, I liked just about everything else, including the stink bombs and the way you changed fleeing. It’s not the way I would do it, but it works well.
and I love how the nosy gnome is looking in pockets now, but haven't been able to check the ability of the gnome to detect curses yet.

My problem with the new crystal quest in place of the crown quest is that the crystals are doing the exact same thing as the crown, so you haven’t really added anything here. Also, the old version gave you a dungeon to go through, complete with monsters and treasure, I would usually get 3-5 exp for each dungeon to get the 2 halfs of the crown. Also, the requirements are nuts. Ok, the elixir is not a bad one, but keeping 150 in treasury, or having life below 5 is really nuts. The treasure is one thing, but getting poisoned just to recover a crystal is weird, but I did deliberately get poisoned just to lower life to get the crystals, super weird.

Anyway, please bring back the crown quest, just the way it was, not to hard to find, and a bit of dungeon questing.
I have an idea to save your crystal quest idea, though.

I know you meet up with the traveller at a later point in the game and can ask about tips. I like this addition, but let’s make it more interesting. So when you encounter the traveller after the first mini boss encounter you could ask about 2 of four topics. The same way you can do now, but have the topics lead you to the side quests.

For instance, you could get crystals that would allow you to enchant a weapon. Or you could get some items. – I’m thinking now that you have some damage spells, maybe you could introduce 2 damage items. 1 – a holy hand grenade, deals 20 damage that cannot be dodged
And 2 – a sling shot – deals 15-20 damage that cannot be blocked.

You could make these artifact items that you can only get by first talking with the traveller, and based on what you ask, you would get different quests.

You could ask about elixirs, and have the traveller say something about having an elixir in your inventory to find a crystal shard. Or ask about treasure and have the traveller tell you to keep 150 treasure to find the holy hand grenade or ask about life and have the traveller tell you to keep your life uner 6 to find a sling shot.

Or you could do it the other way and ask about enchantments to find out about crystals and using the elixir to find it.

However you do this, I feel strongly that it would improve overall game play. It would actually be introducing new content, not just relabelling the old quest and calling it something new. – lol just ribbing, you have done a very good job all in all.

Another change I’m hoping for involves the wizard staff. I know I’ve been mentioning how the choice to use it to freeze the cost of spells needs to be a choice, but with the new changes I feel even stronger about it now. You are adding some complexity, and the combos are starting to get really powerful with concentration. I think that this speaks of greater strategizing on behalf of the players. Like the way the four charges on the rings feels more strategic, because of some more predictability in the game dynamics.

I’m still going for the first round end boss victory. I’m not sure if I will have a better chance of finding the basilisk tube with a warrior and timing the ring of brawn to double the attack with it on the final boss battle.

Or if working on getting enough magic to take it out as a mage will be the way to go. I’m thinking that 8 lava or lightning spells with a hat and pipe should do it, and the ring should allow me to knock it out before it has a chance to flee, but I haven’t been able to get the right drops to make this work, yet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : EternalGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector