Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

@ Keeweed,

So, I still couldn’t take out the Hydra in the first round. Not enough treasure, even with a mana potion. Keeping your staf till the end, without the ability to cast spells without draining the durability is just too difficult. I’m hoping for this change soon. I could keep the staff around at a low durability, cast spells as needed, keep it in check with mana potions, and then a sharpening stone before the end battle might give me just enough to accomplish the first round kill.

However, I did have a chance to test out the fleeing theory in a way. A ghoul with 5 life was fleeing, so I hit it with a lava spell for 6 damage, it reduced the life to zero, the ring flashed and I got the second attack, so I attacked bare handed, and won the fight.

I think this indicates that the ring will flash and allow you to keep going, even if the mob is fleeing. It’s just the bug about the life total of zero not killing the mob if the damage is dealt with spells.

Also, I might have had more treasure if I could have sold the item from the witch queen, but the task were too hard. Keeping life under 6 or getting poisoned I think would be better suited for the enchanting crystals, and I’m still hoping that the queen’s quest will become a little easier. The end weapon, even if randomized, is pretty essential to getting through the castle. It feels like you initially designed the game with the idea that finishing the queen’s quest would not be too too difficult. When the task is something like keeping an elixir in inventory, then it’s not as hard as getting poisoned. I’ve always been able to keep an elixir in inventory, but not necessarily control poisin, or keeping life total low. Having the quest be to keep life at 10 or better would be easier, then you could drink a potion before entering the cave.

The game is very balanced, almost perfectly I’d say. Just giving players the choice over whether they use the staff when casting a spell, and something about the queen’s quest would be appreciated.

I understand about the gnome. – Maybe a scroll, like the tomb. Use the scroll to identify strange markings.

About that brawn ring. Just so I understand perfectly. Say you land three successful hits, so the ring is now charged. Then you encounter a cobra that dodges your attack. – that means the ring is still charged, so the next time you attack the cobra will either dodge, or suffer a double damage hit. If the cobra dodges a second time, then the ring is still charged, and the third time you attack the cobra, when the cobra fails to dodge, the ring will flash and your thrust will be doubled?

Do I have this right.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : EternalGamer via Audiogames-reflector