Re: Whatcha Eating?

I've a few posts I wish to respond to, but before I do I"d like to preface this post by saying that I'm gonna need you all today; I haven't eaten a thing since yesterday, partly out of tiredness, partly out of sadness... I need to motivate myself to have a little something... I know it, but my wife's been in the hospital for a couple of days now which has made things rather difficult.  Taking care of three kids and two cats on your own is a rather highly stressful practice; I know that by the time I got everyone fed, watered, bathed and to bed last night I was just far too tired to eat myself.  Coming back here and reading what everyone else is eating really does put a smile on my face, for whatever that's worth.  I mean, hey, it's not like I'm asking for money?  I just wana know what you're eating!  lol
And now, I'm with Dark and post 39 to some extent.  Spicy sauces that are spicy just for the sake of being spicy are pointless; I could just as easily stick fire ants in my mouth and say it burns.  If I'm going to have something spicy, dish, sauce or what have you, I want to know that whatever it is is actually going to taste good!
AS for coffee the ways post 39 describes, I confess I've never had such a thing but wish I could... I think my digestive system might actually handle it better overall.  Every time I drink coffee at present my stomach turns in on itself and begins talking to me, uttering groans I cannot for the life of me comprehend, but I do feel the pain entirely.
@Jayde, post 26, what are these arteries you speak of?  Bacon is good for the soul; if I die of bacon overdose I'll at least die whole and mostly happy!  I also agree with your mac idea there; I actually like to shred chicken into mine then top the whole thing off with some wing sauce.
@turtlepower17, post 25, warmed up chinese is no more than glorified rubber to me at least, but we eat it anyway because we don't want it to go to waste, applying memories of what it once was to soothe ourselves along the way.  It really does stink that some leftovers warm up waaaaaay better than others, but if you have any means of heating them up in the oven or on the stove you should try that before ever popping them in the microwave.  I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't lazy and used the microwave sometimes... Many times?  Too many times?
@Thatguy, Outback and Cracker barrel FTW!  Chick-Filet isn't that bad either, but a tad too expensive for me to do more than once every few months.  Of course, that's better than Red Lobster, which I only have every few years.  AS for drinks, I"m a water guy myself for the most part, but it really depends on the meal, which I'm going to go into in detail further down...
My ideal meal day would consist of the following:
For breakfast I'd have some bacon, sausage, buttery scrambled eggs topped with cheddar or some other tasty cheese that isn't American corporate plastic wrapped single sliced processed slimy nonsense, along with some potatos... I usually go with hashed browns but wouldn't mind trying something else where potatos are concerned, a couple of slices of toasted bread or some good biscuits, and a tall glass of orange juice, freshly squeezed.
For lunch, I'd have a well done butter roasted rib-eye steak with either broccoli, grilled onions or Grilled Artichokes, some mashed potatos loaded with bacon, cheese, butter, sour cream, lightly salted and peppered and with just a touch of garlic, a side of mixed Sauteed green beans and corn in lime butter, once again lightly salted and peppered, some cheesy macaroni, and a cup of iced water or freshly squeezed lemonade.
Assuming I haven't died from that overload within five hours of lunch, I'd have a dinner or supper depending on who you ask, consisting of grilled blackened catfish with Cilantro-Lime Butter, some buttery grilled shrimp also seasoned with garlic and lemon and perhaps a touch of Oregano because why not, some oysters dipped in lemon and tabasco sauce with a touch of salt, and a couple of yeast rolls to top all of that off, along with another cup of iced water.
I don't eat like that, BTW, and notice I didn't add in the desserts?  I'm not good with desserts... I like cake, jello, ice cream and the like, but I've never been much of a sweet tooth so I really shouldn't try to apply myself to that side of the discussion.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : oussamabengatrane via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector