Things that go bump in the night

There's an app called sleep talk. You leave it on over night, and it triggers recording any time there's a noise. So you can hear if you talk in your sleep. This is six clips glued together. The recorder cuts out pretty quicly and starts again, so the start of the bumps are often cut off as it kicks back in, but it's all part of the same cluster of noises. There is an apartment above mine, and normally I'd just put it down to my neighbours banging around in the middle of the night. But they are away at the moment and the apartment is empty. I'm not just saying that to make this into something spooky, it's true. If they were at home, I wouldn't be making a thing out of these noises. I don't believe in ghosts or any nonsense like that, so the only rational explanation is that someone else has the keys to the upstairs apartment and came in in the middle of the night and started banging around. I went to bed at midnight, and got up at 8am, so it happened sometime between those hours. Thing is though, it really sounds like it's in my apartment. The only thing I've done to the audio is glue the clips together and normalize the volume.
http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=aRgD6NC7bOrpILe