Re: a few questions about moderator actions, please read

MasterOfDeath wrote:

Don't you think it's a bit childish that you think one single guy, just one, can enforce the whole community to use a particular version of skype or anything? Do you think a single guy, without protection or any support, an guide you by your nose? What could he do against you if you don't do what he wants?

Seriously? You have to be either not thinking straight, or, as Jayde said, intentionally twisting the argument into your favor because of personal bias. Look. The forum's disarray may have been cost by a lack of mod order, months ago. Now, the moderators are doing a fine job, but they're having to do their job more because of the epidemic of idiocy that is seemingly increasing. Do I have to refer you to post 26 again, you know what, I will, because while it is true that Simter can't force the community as you say, he certainly tried guilt-tripping the community, like so:

simter wrote:

So, people, please stop giving out copies of skype 7, because then you may be the next responsible for the next fork.

Ahh yes. Preserving the true jerks from blame. Blaming the users who pass around this oh so horrible piece of software called Skype 7. People who may genuinely need it. That is where we step into guilt territory. If you can't understand that, you're too far gone and I  can't help you. I've done all the explaining I could. I searched through his warnings (it wasn't that hard, really) when I didn't have to. We've tried to do all the explaining we can, but you seem to either want this place to be an anarchy, or some other thing that I'd guess 95% of the people (me included) don't want. Shove it, will you?
Alright, now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about Sid's point as there's validity to them, but they really won't help in the long run.

sid512 wrote:

such closed threads being visible once every 500 topics is a thing, but encountering them more than a couple of times per page suggests that something horrible is going on.

But that's exactly it, Sid. We both know that even 6 years ago, you would rarely see more than 3 closed threads per page. Drama was more spread out. Editing posts will raise a lot of questions (remember when the Oriol Gaming Zone topic was suddenly deleted and replaced by another one, and people were asking well what the hell just happened?) Moderators really only reserve the edit for extreme cases, where someone will have posted a link to a crack and (link removed by moderator) is likely to be put in its place. Editing and deleting doesn't help the situation, and it actually does not create a better image of the site for new folks. In fact, it does quite the opposite effect; an honest site will not create a false cover story by editing and watering down content and say, oh look, this site is great (Howard Sherman rightfully got shit for that for carefully editing customer's review of Malinche titles to remove the negative parts.) I highly doubt this site would want to stoop to that low. Also, the word is already out about how some of the community just can't act out of kindness, as Ian Hamilton a while back had advised new developers to steer clear of the forum because of the general attitude. The damage has already been done just because some people chose to dick over the users (yes, annoying unnecessary threads is also considered as such.)
Also, teenagers: we must define that more clearly now since age does not define maturity, as is shown by these younger individuals who seem to have been given technology at way too young an age without any form of supervision.

sid512 wrote:

the moderators had mentioned the fact that games are indeed played by teenagers the most; they deserve to be a part of the forums.

That argument is a half-mute point as there are, on one side of the coin, some adults who have shown less maturity than some teens, while on that same token you have people who are, by definition, teenagers, but they sure don't act the part.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector