Re: what's something special about region of the country you live in

I'm also from Pennsylvania. I live in Lancaster County, so there are a lot of Amish people near where I'm from. It's not at all unusual to see horse and buggies driving on the roads, and there are farms all around where I live. In the summer and fall, you can go to little produce stands that are run by the Amish that want to sell their goods, so it's easy enough to get locally grown fruits and veggies. Speaking of food, for some reason, Shady Maple, which is a grocery store/buffet-style restaurant, is a tourist trap. Since we live very near there, we often do our grocery shopping there, and it's a nice store. But I don't get why people travel from all over the state to eat at the restaurant. I've been there a couple of times, and I think the food is rather meh. It always used to boggle my mind whenever I'd hear people ranting and raving about going there. I mostly heard stuff like that when I lived in Philadelphia, and I still do on occasion.

You also gotta love the names of some of the towns around here. I'm sure that PA is far from the only state that has suggestively named towns, but we have stuff like Blueball, Intercourse, and Bird in Hand. Blueball is actually pretty close to where I'm from, there used to be a neat bowling alley there when I was a kid, but it's since closed down.