Re: question about mapping games

harrylst,

Not really sure what to tell you other than it sounds like you have an issue with object orientation. When I am in a game like Sarah or Shades of Doom I try to keep an image of the level in my mind. Now, I assume if you have been blind from birth that might be harder for you to do since you aren't able to create a mental image in your mind as I can.

In games like Shades of Doom and Sarah you can set markers to try and remember where you have been which might help. The visited here command also helps when learning a new level for the first time. Something else that may help is frequently check your coordinates, your x/y position once and a while, and try and associate doors, hallways, and other things with those coordinates as it might help give you a better idea of where something is in relation to your present location.