Re: we-need-more-cloning-in-the-audio-game-community?????

First of all, i don't have a problem with cloning games, as long as you get permission from the original creator. I mean,look what the famous game Space Invaders has turned out to be. There are many variants of that game, yet the simple objective still lives on. However, I think that we should be cloning audio versions of games that sighted people already enjoy, and then somehow integrate that clone into the regular version of that game. The example i can think of is AudioQuake. Quake, the visual/mainstream FPS was quite known in the late 90's. Then, in 2003, a project was created to try and make Quake accessible to the blind. The project's aim was to create a coexistence of blind and sighted people playing the exact same game. Unfortunately, AudioQuake-like so many other good ideas-died out. Imagine if an audio version of Minecraft, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Apex Legends, and others could have an audio counterpart. This would allow blind people to play with hundreds of millions of gamers. Because of the minuscule presence that the blind community has in the world, we should try not to isolate ourselves. I'm not against originality in game creation, but if we wish to clone existing games and tailor them to our specific purposes,, why not let the sighted world in on it? If we do isolate ourselves from the rest of the world, it creates an "us verses them" mentality, and in all things-audio games included-we will lose.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : 1 . 618 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector