Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

@ Kenshira, - no you won't lose your old game data when downloading, I still have all my old high scores.

@Keeweed
Ya, the mage's glove makes a nice balance there because you have item for defence, and attack, i.e. cloak of camaflouge and the mage's glove. Niether is as good as the old elvin cloak, because the old cloak could be added to weapons, but with all the enchanted weapons out there now it all works out. I do remember recommending the speed item, to add that exact balance, glad to see you used it.

I also like how there is a limit to curses. like, a oak shield with a defense curse of -2 will have no effect if you already have a defence of 0 and will still give the +4 for using the shield in battle. It makes picking up cursed items not so bad.

With all the new content, I'll have to redo the rogues guide.

The tasks that I find difficult are keeping life undere 6, or being poisoned. Unless you are lucky enough to get a switch mushroom, the latter means sometimes getting poisoned 5 days out from the cave and wondering about wandering ruins or dungeons for added poisin damage. The game is pretty fineline, and the randomness makes it hard to determine whether you can get poisoned again.

The life under 6 is more problematic when it comes up as the second quest. At least in the earlier part of the game there's not much that takes out 5 life in one hit. but after the 2nd mini boss this changes. Basically, keeping your character deliberately weak is just difficult strategy. When I mentioned not leveling up right away and saving items in the rogue's guide I wasn't thinking about needing to stay poisoned, or not taking the opportunity to go into battle with full health. Just making the most of the items that you do get.

If you made the challenge, have life at 10 or higher the challenge would be almost a total cinch, just keep a heal potion handy, and presto.
The easier tasks are having one stat above 3 - especially as the 2nd task. Also, treasure above 150 is more manageable. It sometimes makes for a lot of indecision at the merchant, but I can usually afford it, although sometimes not, depending.
Also, keeping an elixir in inventory is usually manageable, it is trickier now with those eels running around, but it's a good challenge without the annoyance of the low life or poisin challenges.

Also, it may just be a matter of division. What is the most annoying is when the first challenge is something like poisin or low life, or just a game where I can't muster the 150 treasure, and then the next challenge is low life or poisin. Getting a bad draw on both is what really stings. So, maybe if the low life and poisin were only on the 1st task, and the 2nd task could be easier, like the one stat above 2 or keeping an lixir around - super easy for the 2nd part, then it might work a little better.

Even a randomized weapon from the queen is pretty powerful, and if you really need you can sell it and buy something else for a small difference, but getting nothing from the queen makes the final castle a difficult go, depending on what else you might get from the sorcerer. Some games I've gotten an enchanted battle axe from the sorcerer, and wouldn't need the final special weapon, but other games it is essential, and in fact, most games I would say the final weapon is important.

Double durability is especially nice with a sharpening stone, I might recommend making a double durability sword, a light weapon and a heavy weapon, It would really add to the monster and dungeon treasures, maybe just adjust the tables a little so that instead of getting some of the current weapons from a ruins or a deal to exterminate a monster the new artifact weapons with the double durability replace those drops in the new addition. So, instead of making a deal with the tourist or scientist or monk for a goblin claw, it would be the new heavy hitter with the double durability, and keep the sharpening stone the way it is. As near as I can tell with the new double durability when you fix all weapons the marble shield gains another 6 points of durability in total, but not 100% sure on that last one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector