Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

Hi Keeweed,

I can't believe I didn't notice that before, with the task I mean. Now that I understand the devision that should make things a lot easier. Sometimes it's just about knowledge.

I think if people are paying to be resurrected, they should basically be restored to full health, cured of poisin, and in the same situation, so if you died with the stone mand at life of 2 you will have full health and the Stoneman will still be damaged.

If there is a re-do option, it should be just one move back, and should probably not cost anything. This should really be just for accidental screen taps. I've had it happen on occasion, but just accept that as part of te dexterity challenge part of the game, some games are all about dexterity, so I don't mind the small amount required here, but if you do build in a re-do, it will really just help out for accidents, I don't think it will quite be as bad as save cheating, especially with the new ring of braun taking 3 charges to hit, or the stealth ring providing the first chance to strike, neither is that random, so the most a re-do would let you alter is maybe the amount of damage dealt, and that is usually a finite range. I could see obsessive save cheaters using un-do to take down a monster in a few fewer hits, but if they really want to change the numbers that badly, maybe just let them - or, if you could program this without too much difficulty you could have the amount of damage dealt by the attack stored in some kinda memory, so that if you re-do and then choose the same attack, it will generate the same result. To make this truly effective you might have to store the damage from multiple options. Like if someone tried attacking with a pickaxe, and then decided to try a fly swatter instead, but did a third re-do and went back to the pick axe they will still have the same pickaxe result, and make sure that using a spell or item doesn't wipe out the memory either.

One word on save cheating. - I noticed that spiderwebs appear with different life totals, and that the life only appears after you start to attack, so in the old version I tried attacking, but without actually attacking, just to see the life total, and then choosing to give up, and then trying to attack again. I noticed that the spiderwebs would have the same life total, so this cheat was not available. I'm assuming thorn bushes work the same way. So, if you make the re-do option devoid of chances to alter randomness, it should definitely be free, and then charge players for a resurrection.

A resurrection will add life to the player, and this could be used to advance game play. Explain that this option is not a requirement, and somehow alert players to the fact that some games are not worth pursueing. If you're trying to punch the stone man to death with a knuckle duster, and only doing 1 damage each turn, it might not be worth resurrecting, because even after getting through that battle, if you don't have a weapon it will be very challenging to finish the game.

Given the complexities it might just be worth forgoing the resurrection option, but I could still see selling pouches of pixie dust for a small price.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector