Re: masonasons.me is now secured with https!

I find a lot of sites doing this nowadays, running over secure connections when they really don't need to. I didn't poke around the site too much, but are you encrypting because of registration? Is that case you can just secure the parts of the site that deal with your registration script or members-only areas where people will be entering passwords; it's overkill to require ssl on the whole website. That will solve your updating problem.

For example when TDV was commercial I had it enforce ssl in the members' area. And, because I could never be sure if the user was using the same password for both the forum and members area I also enforced ssl on the forum. Other than that, the rest of the site was plain http. This prevented me from having to release an update to the tdv auto updater back then that would tell it to switch to tls when checking for updates (whoever doesn't see this post won't know that they have to re-download your games manually, so it's a bad decision in terms of user experience here.)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TimothyJohn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jonnyboy1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector