Re: Would you ever wanna use both BGT and Python?

Actually @8 I'm not sure that would be easier, I don't know if anyone has successfully recreated philip's enet settings in another language to communicate with the BGT's network object. Please feel free to correct me though. In any event, I see no reason why you'd want to do this. You could learn much of python in the time it would take you to get something like this working, and there are just sooooo many issues you'd run into. You need a lot more than python37.dll to make this work unless all you want is python builtins and even that would be iffy. You wouldn't even have the os module. Now, if we could make python and enet work together, the 1 time I could see this actually being really cool is making a BGT game client, then making a multithreaded server application in python and hosting it on a cheap linux box. That could be cool. If it wasn't for the av thing, BGT has all you'd need for a client, and so if a game central server could be written in python that could open up many possibilities. But then again you could write a cross platform client in python that would be even better. In any case, you don't really gain much. Also, you couldn't read BGT properties or call BGT functions from python. If you could figure out a way to do this that's great you should show me, but I don't believe it is possible to the magnitude you want. You similarly can't call BGT functions as callbacks from C DLL's because the functions are only registered with angelscript. I may mess with finding the address of the angelscript call function in the BGT executable and try to see if I can trick it into calling my function, but I don't think I'm that smart big_smile As for using pyinstaller? Dude every time you run an onefile pyinstaller executable, loads of files are extracted from temp. In order to read stdout and stderr output in BGT, you have to use cmd.exe as a proxy and use > output.txt or | clip and that's just impracticle. If you want something that downloads files faster, get BGT working with curl if you must though I'd avoid it, or find a C library that can do what you want and use BGT's dll functions.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector