Re: Would you ever wanna use both BGT and Python?

lol you can't do much with just python37.dll. You could probably get it to work with a lot of hacking, but it's just so not worth it. The only reason you were able to import win32api is because you had it installed. It wouldn't work if you distributed python37.dll with your game. Though to clear something up, @Ethin making the windows API work in BGT is actually duable, and if you get the code working practicle, but it's just not worth writing the code. Despite what people want you to believe reading DLL structures in BGT is more than possible. Theoreticly you should be able to write them as well, I just have to figure out how to get the address of strings. I can already write structures with basic ints and stuff, and BGT has a function called string_create_from_pointer that can take a 4 byte pointer and convert it to a BGT string. If I wanted to do it I'm sure I could wrap sockets in BGT. And it would even be responsive. The only reason I wouldn't do it is because it's just a lot of code to write when I already have python. But if the code was written, it would run with almost 0 extra overhead. That can be said about most of the windows API as well, and that's excluding the functions that can be called with BGT without the need to read structs, which is quite a lot.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector