Re: trying to decide if mechanical keyboards are right for me

I have the K800 and love it. There is no lag with it, none, unless you start going near its range bboundary. The keys feel nice to type on as far as finger placement. One of my laptops also has a really nice keyboard which I can type quickly on. It just does everything right for some reason that other laptops do not. I had a blackwidow and didn't like it all that much. I think I was so hype when I got it, that I literally was talking myself into looking past the things I didn't like about it for a while so I could be OK with using it. For gaming, there is a sweet spot you can find in the switches where you can barely move the key but you mash it quickly, it's like turbo fire on a controller. The loudness bothers me, it's like why lol.

Take the K800's keycaps versus the Blackwidow's The logitech has a sort of square pattern where there is a depression in the middle, so they feel more open. The razer also does this, however, the sides are banked steeply, while the front and back are not. This is awkward for me because it means if I tend to land on an edge rather than somewhere in the middle like they want you to do, it throws me off a bit and slows me down. Also, it seems like most of the noise of the key is not the actual click of the switch, although that is and can be loud enough, it's the keycap physically making contact with the bottom part of the case of the keyboard. If you take the cap off and press the switch with a finger, it's not that loud. So, if they wanted to alleviate that a bit, they could put a layer of felt down, which had all the holes cut in it to fit around the switches. I think that would make it quieter, without making the keys feel overly mushy, which I think would be equally bad. I just see no reason for the absurdly loud clicking, it's like people feel they need to compensate for *something*.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : David via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector