Re: trying to decide if mechanical keyboards are right for me

When I did game walkthroughs for my podcast, I don't recall anyone complaining about my keyboard noise being distracting. I believe that the first few I did, I was using my old keyboard which had blue switches, so they were definitely clickier than this one. I actually agree that I don't like blue or other clicky switches as much as I thought I would, because they are loud, and I was worried I was annoying people around me with them. If you're going to get a new mechanical, get yourself brown switches, they're a lot quieter and, in my opinion, feel just as nice to type with as blue switches. I can't speak from personal experience on other types, since I haven't tried them, but I can assure you that, when it comes to game recordings, nobody's going to focus on something like that unless you draw attention to it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : David via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector