Re: New computer

To be honest, I wouldn't go for this.
Lenovo do offer customisation of units, so if you go for those, a thinkpad t485 or t480 or 585-580 is fine.
For me, the hp system I have the db0149au is good.
Amd rysen 5 2500 quad 4 physical 8 logical cores, 16gb 2600mhz ram, a 256gb toshiba ssd and a 1tb seagate drive and it cost me 1100 andis usually round 1370 bucks.
Vega graphics and all that.
There are a few issues, but you may never or seldom hit them.
Under high load say if you transfer 60 +gb over drives either for backups and or something it will flake.
I have issues when doing transfers when I first got it and when I was updating collections of synced material.
However I don't do this all the time so it just does it.
It may not be able to run 2 usb drives hdds at the same time without performance going down and windows flaking out but again, you can get round it.
It will also freez at times when processing large data sets.
These freezes are 1 second ones and don't really matter as such it fixes itself.
Its a good unit and I can use standard amd drivers.
The only thing is that I had to download the entire driver package from free-codecs but its really good.
I had to also change the overlay keys in the drivers to something which isn't alt r but thats it.
The speakers are good and sound is fine.
Enhancements suck and there are still a few filters on afterward, however I wouldn't recommend stopping drivers or anything to kill those else sound will be weird.
Also running on default driver for ms just blows the speakers, the power of the card is well its powerfull.
The only thing you won't have is a graphics card, and for this I would go for the pavilian 2000cx series.
One thing right now you will encounter is usb c ports all over the place.
This one has 3.1 but not usb c just a ports.
A lot of devices are going c but not enough c devices exist for me to bother with c right now, and becides you will need a hub to get ports back.
I have a hub for a devices but still.
What I am waiting for is the newer usb ssds which are small and cost a lot right now but once those go down a bit that may be enough for usb c.
The unit is quiet and I would highly recommend it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambs1985 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambs1985 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambs1985 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector