Re: trying to decide if mechanical keyboards are right for me

Hey guys.
So this morning, I did some more research and found something interesting. On a Wikipedia article describing different kinds of keyboards, I essentially read that laptop keyboards are of the scissor switch type which has less travel, similar to low profile keyboards. That low profile term, and its comparison to a laptop scissor switch, was like an aha moment. So there are other people like me who prefer something slimmer with less travel. And Come to think of it, the keyboards I used regularly from 2012 to the time I got my mechanical at the end of 2016 were all low travel, and before that, I wasn't typing as much as I am now, plus I was a kid/teenager who didn't think much about keyboards. I do remember typing on bigger keyboards sometimes and, subconsciously anyway, being glad I had something smaller at home. My Razer is definitely big, as are a lot of the desktop keyboards I have seen from other people, so I kinda wish I had made the connection that I didn't like bigger keyboards as much. Ah well, live and learn. Like I said, it does hlep for some gaming tasks.

Apparently low profile is a pretty recent thing for mechanicals, and I really don't know what it would feel like. I have found some full size low profile mechanicals though, which use cherry reds. I've never typed on those switches, in fact the only switches I've typed on are the Razer ones. The Cherry reds seem to be as opposite from my Razer as it is possible to get. That might be a good or bad thing, I'll wait until I see one. At some point I'll go back to Best Buy and check out more keyboards. They seem relatively quiet, which is something I am looking for.

I'd still like to keep all my options open, so don't think I am just totally ignoring all the advice I get! I'm just so glad I found a track that definitely makes me feel like I'm onto something. For a while I really did wonder if I was crazy.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector