Re: Why do so many blindies bash android?

So,

Jieshuo:

http://t.me/jieshuochat

, is a screen reader built from the "ground up," dedicated to to more people in more nations, and is "NOT" powered by "Play Store" componence, owned by "Google."
NB. Jieshuo (also known as "Commentary" in English speaking countries,) is on the "Play Store," though is currently broken at this time. The devs are trying to get English traanslating done, and braille support added too, thus go and download the latest beta from the Telegram group I provided if ya wish to try it.

Now look, I am happy for what Google did bringing a screen reader to Android and all. What I am not happy about, is the time it took to bring it up to a "decent" program. That Google Accessibility Framework, hasn't been updated much at all, and unlike with Samsung's "Voice Assistant," you can't properly use "Braille Back" unless ya have Talkback runnng!
(At least with Voice Assistant, ya have a "Voice Speech" toggle, ya got that with "Voice View" on Fire Tablets too!

Oh, and if you haven't seen that "Android Accessibility" session they did (even if it was for developers,) well... Watch it on the "Google Devs" Youtube channel.

(The Chrome OS teadm does a much better job, trust me!)

So, this ain't all of the fault of the Android platform itself, its the Google Accessibility Android team itself!

Oh, and if ya want to know what makes Commentary so special, I'll ask if Noona can put up the latest draft of the Commentary manual as a new thread up in the Off Topic room here.

Take care everyone!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hammer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sirpdex via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : berdberd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector