Re: New Samurai Shodown!

You definitely cannot compare the two.. and I am, so far as I know, one of probably three people actualy hyped for this. haha. And you bet I play Soul Calibur... I play the heck out of VI. But the two are almost as different as comparing apples and oranges... one being 2d, the other being 3d. The pace of the two games is also quite different... Soul Calibur relies on the use of the 8-way run as well as the fact it does include combos, juggles and the like though only to a certain extent. Soul Calibur also doesn't include projectiles. Samurai Shodown is 2d and relies much more on timing, good reads, spacing and being methodical. This was why so many people hated Sen for the xbox360... they tried to make Samurai Shodown play similar to Soul Calibur and fans didn't have any of it. lol IF there's any way to describe the gameplay of SS as opposed to Soul Calibur, i would be the old description of Samurai being much closer to, though not exactly, Street Fighter with swords. But I love both immensely, for diferent reasons. big_smile