Re: Why do so many blindies bash android?

Whoa, @Synthlonetica Productions, tone it down a little there.
If Android has baby customers then why is it the mobile system that is most open to developers? And what device were you even using? If you're going to criticize android, you really should do us all a favor and tell us which device (s) you used. Android on my pixel2, for example, is a very stable operating system, yet if you grabbed an HTC, or a 5 year old pre-owned device from the flee-market, then it's no wonder you're having a bad experience. Also, Voiceover may be consistent for you IOS people, which is all well and good, but for the mac I'd say it's consistently stagnating. Seriously, what do we not have?
1. No built-in OCR. Need I say more? We're stuck with bloody Tesseract, and having to pay $35 for keyboard maestro to use it no less!
2. Electron support. Seriously. Skype 8 is a hit or miss with Voiceover and there'll be times when i can't even see the webview without restarting voiceover several times.
3. scriptability. Voiceover being the only option in OSX yet having no scripting support has always been a turnoff for me, but now the worst of that problem is coming to light.
For the record, I'm running High Sierra, but the Mojave beta (hated it) doesn't have any substantial voiceover improvements, so when I replaced the hard drive in my mac I was able to reinstall/downgrade.
Back to Android. Freedom of choice is great, but you really need to get Google-branded devices if you want the best experience. Which i don't have a problem with, as their hardware is well thought out and long-lasting.