Re: Do you feel excluded?

@Jayde,  I run into that problem with blind people as well, however in my case I confess my own irritation at  the situation is precisely because! I've made the effort. I was never allowed to get away with bad social skills growing up.
I've had tea parties with Bishops and professors, I've attended academic conferences, I've performed on stage in front of two thousand people, been to music festivals and  and done one man shows. At university I was actually responsible for organising and presenting social events to visiting speakers.

one of the first things I learned as a teenager which astonished me, is just how easy to learn social skills and that little known art of conversation are. What I'm now unfortunately finding, is that most people are not that interested in either, and once you've passed thirty and most people have either spawned or settled into their own social circles, what skills   you have don't matter in the least.

I freely admit I probably see the situation as a bit more dire these days, having been brow beaten by my parents to move to a small town in 2017 where I know even fewer people than I did previously, and where it turns out there is literally  nothing beyond a lot of small pubs, old people and a mostly useless theatre, though it also doesn't help that my friends who are now at long disance have! indeed fallen off the map, usually because they've gone and procreated.

We have started an actors workshop which is fun, even if we do have to go to my paren'ts very scummy home city to do it, but as is usual, while people are quite happy to interact during the workshop,  nobody shows any interest in interacting outside it.

So  yes, I am rather resentful, but such is life, as I said, these days I'm coming rapidly to belief that most people are thoughtless goldfish and whatever effort you put in to actually  establishing anything like a connection with people, especially given the amount of time you have to work to get them past the "weerd blind person" syndrome, is likely to be wasted most of the time.

of course you try again, since the alternative is sitting at home doing nothing, but each time you try and fail, its hahrder to muster the energy to bother trying further, indeed if it weren't for my lady I probably would've given up on other people entirely by now, heck even my lady I first met online.