Re: Do you feel excluded?

It may be true that we as blind people put more emphasis on driving than a sighted person does. In fact, the amount of complaining I've heard about gas prices and vehicle maintenence pretty much proves it, at least anecdotally. However, in my own case at least, I think I'm more sensitive to it because I'd love to drive just for its own sake. Now, if I'd been born sighted, I realize I might be singing a completely different tune, but I think that a lot of the frustration that some of us feel is legitimate, because we know what it's like to pay more for an uber trip than we would have done if we drove ourselves to the same destination, or deal with Paratransit and its flakiness, or use public transit out of necessity, although I realize that last one applies to many others as well. I guess it feels like more of a burden because a sighted person has the choice to drive or not drive, we don't. The sacrifices that they choose to make are theirs to own, but we don't get that same luxury.