Sengoku Jidai 2.6 (+Kamikaze map)

Patch:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165 … _patch.zip
Full download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165 … uJidai.zip

So, I fixed and tweaked a few things. The biggest change is the addition of the Kamikaze map, which was not supposed to be as suicidal as it sounds, but totally is. (There are a few more new things; see the change log.)

Basically, it occurred to me that I tend to prefer playing on the ocean maps, because there's less clutter, it's easier to keep track of everyone, and occasionally the layout is interesting and you can actually step back and strategize/explore meaningfully. So I decided to add a mode where you only play on an ocean map.
Except, instead of leaving it there, I decided to add bosses. Our own Shi'ten'noh (4 heavenly emperors), led by Kublai Khan.
I might have overdone it a little. I've managed to kill Kublai a few times, but these guys leave so much raw firepower behind, and have so much endurance, that the map is way too dangerous to really stop and explore.

For now, I'm calling this the insane-level mission. If no one can handle it, I'll try and tone down the Shi'ten'noh.
Oh, and just to be fair, I gave everyone in this mission extra food, so you can focus on the not getting slaughtered part.

Here's the full changelog since 2.5:

----------
2.6 12:46 AM 3/1/2014

* Attacking when in deep water should sometimes make water noise, and sometimes be a little slower.
* Added a new item as a potential reward from scouting quests
* Added the "Kamikaze" map to free mode. It's a standard randomly-generated ocean map, but it is also being invaded by the Shi'ten'noh, led by Kublai Khan. They are mighty, and each of the 4 'bosses' is supposed to be somewhat unique (Japanese puns, sorta). Hopefully they don't die in stupid scenery-related accidents before you get to fight them.
* Sushi now gives you a random health boost. Too much reliance on yasai, so I decided to mix it up a little.
* Kudamono ("fruit") now restores lots of stamina.
* If you start out in an ocean map, you will at least start on a boat.
* Adjusted the Kamikaze mission so that your shogun starts out with extra health and food.

----------
2.5.1 5:47 PM 9/23/2013

* Caught a couple more menus without waits.
* Fixed the character view menu (v) so that the timer pauses! Originally, if you left the game there for several minutes, you were likely to starve and die as soon as you closed the menu!
* Added new server address to the list (thanks Guilevi!)
* Ocean camps now have a campsite instead of fire.

----------
2.5 8:41 AM 9/23/2013

* When upgrading Samurai to Daimyou, they can now take a few followers, to better organize your forces.
* Made some changes to the "Surrounded district" quest to make the invaders more capable, especially in the ocean.
* Attempted to catch the case where just-out-of-sight samurai will contradict your orders because they can't tell they came from you. Orders should now flow from above a little better.
* Trying to make multiplayer alliances work better. Currently, shoguns cannot form alliances in any mode, but hopefully this fix will enable temporary alliances in multiplayer by sending requests when trying to recruit other players.
* Noticed that the loop for looking around by tile causes other windows applications to lag, and fixed it.

(You know, maybe I should have started by adding a simpler map. Like, one where you can practice fighting in a one-on-one duel, or something.)

  • [Audiogames-re... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: CAE_Jones
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: CAE_Jones
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: mohammad///obid
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: CAE_Jones
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: SLJ
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: the terminator
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: CAE_Jones
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Guitarman