Re: Rail Racer 2 cometh

Ok, just purchased the game and have played a lot of it in the last eighteen hours.  My wife is grumbling at me, which is of course your fault Chee.  I have some questions.

Will it be possible to race more than one AI opponent?  A match race is only so interesting.

Related: in multi-player mode, will it be possible to race more than one opponent simultaneously?

For track design, it would be cool to have an additional variable on curves that influences the rate at which the optimal lean needs to change, simulating curves with different radii.  A 180 turn could be excellent if you had to slam the lean over.  As it is now, the change is rather slow even at the highest speeds.

Having to hit the arrow keys to refuel is fiddly and requires odd movements, either taking my hand off the mouse or the status keys.  I'd rather have an automated fueling procedure with beeps every hundred pounds until full.  As it is, my pit stops are killing me.

Art does not appear to make use of power-ups when they are available.  In aprticular, I designed a long track with a fuel power-up about half way through the lap.  I almost never have to pit now that I've mastered picking up the fuel power-up, whereas ARt is having to pit every three or so laps on my track.  I would think that at higher difficulty levels (I'm playing on pro) that ARt would be able to use the power-ups more intelligently.

On tag race mode, I am getting numerous messages that the game is not responding, even while it is in fact playing.  This happens frequently between tag rounds, though not during normal races.

This is a cool racing game.  Like I said it's causing marital friction, which is a fantastic indicator of a game's play value.

  • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: vlad25
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: themadviolinist
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Che
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: kevin roberts
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: vlad25
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: themadviolinist
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: vlad25
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Gaita 2014 Asturiana