Re: Rail Racer 2 cometh

Hi ya Violinist,
  Glad you are liking the game, its been a lot of work for an amateur programmer and sometimes seems like I'm never going to reach the end of the tunnel, but we're very close now.
  Regarding your questions:
  For single player mode, there will only be one opponent.
  For multi player there can be up to 20 racers at once.
   I've considered the idea of variable curves, but I got lots of complaints that RR 1 was too hard to learn as it was, plus for those using keyboard input, which is the majority, it would introduce control issues.
  I'll look into the non response thing in tag mode, haven't seen that on my end, but honestly haven't done a lot of testing in tag mode since putting in new code.
  As for the AI, art still needs smartening up as far as the new power ups go.  I try to make the AI do things just as a racer has to, in other words, the game does not cheat for Art, he has to accelerate and shift gears, makes mistakes when jumping, etc.
  Because of that, it takes a while to balance everything when I change his thought process on new items such as power ups.
  Bottom line, he'll be smarter by the time we go to full release.
  Thanks for the feedback and questions, hope to have a new patch out very soon.
  Happy racing,
  Che

  • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: vlad25
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: themadviolinist
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Che
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: kevin roberts
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: vlad25
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: themadviolinist
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: vlad25
    • Re: ... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Gaita 2014 Asturiana