Raspberry pie?

So, I’m sorry if this question is Rather obvious to answer, but I will ask anyways.  How would I go about using raspberry pie? What kind of screen readers can be installed on it?  Surely it is accessible.  Though, I am not too sure. All I know about it is that it uses a commandline interface, and can have things installed and or ran on it. Somebody described it as a miniature computer with limited functionality.  Would you say that such an explamation would be accurate?  Again, I’m sorry of these questions are rather basic. I will get a chance to work with the device rather soon, and I want to know more information about it beforehand.