Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

to be honest I think Python has a better helping resource. Everything you need is written in the internet. Basicly what is required to make a good audio game with python is thinking like a real programmer. You need to think of the code you want to write. You assume different situations, then You try to find the best and the most optimised algorithm, After finding your desired code, You simply write it then you fix the bugs that your code might have. That's all, and it aplys to all of the programming languages. Actually what you need to learn for each programming language is its sintax and functions.
If you are a real game developer, you have to pick the best programming language. The one that you feel comftable with, and you know it's powerful and fast enough that can get you going for almost any type of game you want to make. I developed games with bgt, for a long while. I hit its borders so I knew I had to switch to another programming language. I tried developing audio games with C#, which worked almost fine, Maybe the only problem I had was the lack of resources for me to make games with. Fortunately though, BPC shared component was there and helped me a lot in the way, thanks goes to munawar. While I was learning C#, I remember I tried python too. Maybe at that time I didn't like it that much but after hitting some of complexities of C#, with the knowledge of debugging and programming at that time, I moved back to python, and really felt good with it. I found the pyopenal library and it was finally my turn to make something different than other projects that I had. The first serious offline game that I made was python-fps that I uploaded in github which you can find it at
https://github.com/kianoosh-shakeri/python-fps
Such complex game that I made while I was almost new to programming big stuff with python, and nothing except my ability of programming in my mind did help me along the way.
I remember that I did make an online game as well, powered by podSixNet, which was something completely different than bgt's networking. We would send strings in bgt, but now I had to send and receive dictionary packets. The way of handling events was so simple and so much different in bgt's networking, while it was completely something else with podSixNet. channel was a number in bgt, while each channel counted as a player in podSixNet. But how could I build a game with it in I think 2 or 3 days? It was my knowledge of online audio game making that helped me.
I'm not bashing those who like to stick with bgt, but what I wanna say is that you have to accept that bgt is probably never going to be updated, you don't have supports for advance technology that you have in other programming languages including python, and cause of bgt being outdated, you'll hit its borders like me soon. People will finally get sick of simple mini games and you won't have much players. They ask you for a more complex game, an fps that features lots of objects and classes working all together at a time and that's where you'll find out how bgt fails to operate as expected.
It's likely that soon hrtf technology makes its way to our audio games, that are made by the devs who are programming with programming languages other than bgt, then your players will also demand the hrtf technology from you but what do you have in your hand?
last but not least, don't count yourself that small that you can't learn maybe a bit more complex things. We're all humans and with some try we get to things we want. Just you need to have the urge to go forward, otherwise you keep running without moving a step.
good time. It probably was my longest comment