Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

Post 21: the core python  environment is not difficult to set up. What is  tricky is figuring out why certain modules do not work. For example, pyinstaller requires you to uninstall Win32 and reinstall it by using Pip, otherwise it will crash. Or it did for me and several other people that I helped  earlier.  As for high school classes, that is pretty much out of the question.  Take it from somebody who was in one.  The learning in itself is rudimentary, and they use inaccessible editors  which pretty much hold your hand for the most part.  Not to mention that some schools do  not even offer computer science courses.
As for open source projects, exactly. Most of the ones you will find our focused on something else, and you will have to sort through stuff to find anything useful.  I am not complaining, I am simply stating the facts. Fact is, BGT hands you everything on a silver platter.  It is also a fact that most of the people who started with BGT stick with it because they feel overwhelmed by the sheer size of the resources available for other programming languages, most of those resources being irrelevant. Again, no complaining here, simply restating facts here.
I just saw post 24, and that is another point. One that I have mentioned, no doubt, but still. It is very tempting to use something that may have flaws, but ultimately hold your hand through the first couple of projects rather than something unfamiliar with dozens of tutorials not related to creating games out there.  Again, I am not complaining here. While it is sometimes frustrating, being forced to rely on your own skill to create what you need is ultimately rewarding, at least for me.