Re: shooter concept demo gone from the forum?

I don't get it, the licensing servers still work, the website is still up, and it's no one's fault but Dark's if the games aren't in the database, which is a third party system anyway.
This has very little to do with customer protection save the fact that questions customers asked and got answers too in those topics are now gone, yet it was on a third party service anyway and you'd have to have some kind of thing in the licensing terms for the game that said (we promise the forums won't go down for ever) if they were hosted on masonasons, and no company in their right mind would promise that anyway since it's outside the game it's self.
So that's why I don't get why were even taking this approach.  This has nothing to do with anyone losing money as far as I can tell, we're just bringing up the past again.
Still, Mason, and other devs who sell stuff too, really should be making terms of service and packaging them with their games, so that if a server goes down or something they can point to the section where they said that might happen at any time, and then legally (if not socially) they are covered.
That said, I'm pretty sure that paypal and other payment services have rules about that kind of thing, where you can get a refund if access to the service suddenly stopped, but it depends.