Re: the Worst Audiogames ever?

I used to listen to sounds from games too, but for different reasons. I just really liked collecting them, renaming them so that they would make a playlist of sorts, and then playing them in the specific order that I'd placed them in. This was especially fun with some of the games that were on CD-Rom's at the time that my sister had. I couldn't play the vast majority of the games myself, but I could hear all the sounds that they contained, and to my 11 or 12-year-old self, that was super cool. I also loved the cheesy midi music from that time which a lot of those games had. In fact, I still have a lot of that stuff on one of my external hard drives, I was always careful to keep it all backed up throughout the years. Yes, I was certainly a weird kid, lol.

Speaking of copying and pasting sounds from games, I remember when Tenpin Alley was purchased for me as a birthday gift, and I was playing it on a computer running Windows 98. For some reason, on that machine, the sounds appeared in the game directory. For one reason or another, I didn't copy them to my main sounds folder, thinking I could always go back and get them later. Shortly after, I got a new computer, and when I installed Tenpin Alley there, and every time I have since, the sounds didn't extract to the directory, I'm guessing they're encrypted. I never understood why they were visible the first time around. If I'd known they would disappear, I would have copied the commercials out of there at least.