Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable (video 11), by Ebon Sky Studios

hi everyone,

thanks for the comments, I’ll try and answer some of the posts below:

@number 245, so although damage/affliction type abilities can only be used in battle (since they would require an enemy to target), restorative, enhancement and party abilities could be used outside of battle, for example you might have abilities which heal, restore mana/stamina, revive dead  party members or enhancement  abilities which increase stats etc and remembering that it is also possible to equip weapons and armour with on equip status affects too, so for example you could equip some armour which offers a regen affect to its wearer. There wouldn’t be a way of creating an ability  which allows you to search for items, but you could always create a quest where someone asks you to go find something.
-@number  246, thanks for the suggestion, its actually come up before on the forum and on our social media pages too, I think it’s a good idea  and would add an extra level of customisation so users could Taylor these things as you mentioned to the specific type of game environment they are creating.
@number 247, although there isn’t a way currently in Sable to prevent a player  going back the way they came, you could prevent them going any further in the map until they completed a quest and unlocked the way forward. Maybe a trigger event which would block off a path to somewhere you have already visited would work, I’ll mention the idea to the team.

As ever thanks for all the positive comments.

The Ebon Sky Studios Team
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

@number 245, so although damage/affliction type abilities can only be used in battle (since they would require an enemy to target), restorative, enhancement and party abilities could be used outside of battle, for example you might have abilities which heal, restore mana/stamina, revive dead  party members, enhancement  abilities which increase stats etc and remembering that it is also possible to equip weapons and armour with on equip status affects too, so for example you could equip some armour which offers a regen affect to its wearer. There wouldn’t be a way of creating an ability  which allows you to search for items, but you could always create a quest where someone asks you to go find something.
-@number  246, thanks for the suggestion, its actually come up before on the forum and on our social media pages too, I think it’s a good idea  and would add an extra level of customisation so users could Taylor these things as you mentioned to the specific type of game environment they are creating.
@number 247, although there isn’t a way currently in Sable to prevent a player  going back the way they came, you could prevent them going any further in the map until they completed a quest and unlocked the way forward. Maybe a trigger event which would block off a path to somewhere you have already visited would work, I’ll mention the idea to the team.
As ever thanks for all the positive comments.

The Ebon Sky Studios Team
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskyst

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wightfall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ahng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector