Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable (video 11), by Ebon Sky Studios

@250, 251 and 252:

I'm not the development team but I read through the whole threat now and thus can repeat the answers Lemm gave to that three questions:

250:
There is no definitive pricing decision made yet. They however stated already that the price will be around that of a normal game, so I estimate between 20 and 60 bucks. Some engines cost a couple thousand dollars so thats definitively a relief for us big_smile

251:
Lemm already stated that they don't have any concrete infos about exporting games from Sable. So we will need to wait patiently for them to reach that part of development.

252:
There is no official release date out. The team probably has a fix goal in mind but they don't want to make it public yet because in development unforseen things can delay a project quite a bit.
We all saw on A Heroes Call that a to early release deadline can hurt the finished product. No AHC-bashing btw because they got it fixed really soon. But they had to release a relatively buggy first version because they commited to that particular date to early.
Edit:
You said something about Sable beeing already complete. It may seem from what we see in that videos, but I bet you there are some major issues they just don't show because they are clever advertisers tongue
Also as we see in this threat there are a lot of suggestions from this community they should include in the finished product and for what Lemm shows they are quite open to that kind of feedback. So Sable will probably go through at least a couple complete overhauls before they are satisfied with it and release it.

Hope I answered in the spirit of Ebon Sky and took some workload of their shoulders instead of causing confusion they have to clarify instead...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wightfall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ahng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ahng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ahng via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector