Re: For beginners. Why is C# better than Python for audio game development

I'll just say this.
Talking about which language is better clearly shows that you are still a beginner.
A developer is damn free to use what he wants to. Python may be slow, but you seriously can not compare an interpreted language with a compiled language. It would be like comparing a car with a bicycle.
On top of that languages are made for different reasons and with different architectures.
Java and c# share a common architecture which is the object oriented  paradigm.
Python does not focus on OOP as much as c# does, but this doesn't mean that you can not make OOP applications with it.
Only because private properties in a class can be accessed does not mean that python's inheritance does not work.
And of course python isn't good  to make games suchas GTA since it would be slow as hell. It was not made for this. For that you would purely need speed and performance which can be obtained by compiled languages such as c, c++ and c#.
But, for audiogames is different.
I ensure you that audiogames in python are not slow at all (if developed correctly). And I also ensure you that a c# audiogame or game could be slow (if not developed correctly). There are soo many factors to the table that you can not come here and say "oh this is better and this sucks so stop using it."
Please, use google, I ensure you that is really useful. But search deeply.
Sorry if I sounded arrogant, but I tried to explain as much as I could.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector