Re: For beginners. Why is C# better than Python for audio game development

So as others have pointed out, this is... majorly flawed to say the least. I've seen several audio games that people really like that were coded in python. For example, great toy robbery, Oh Shit, etc. And others to come soon. Python also has good code protection if you use cython to convert your code to c first, which also makes it run much faster because that makes it semi compiled. And lets not forget about all those extensions written in C. As for most of python's stdlib, a lot of the core stuff is builtin. Most of the things you mentioned here you have done so with nothing to base your claims on. Your more or less claiming C# is better and tasking people to please believe you. Howabout this. They both work, they both have ups and downs, and they both can be used to develop audiogames. If you can personally get more done in C# than you can with python, more power to you and I wish you luck. But that doesn't mean you should try convincing others it is better because of what you personally prefer. There is no perfect programming language. You may personally be much more comfortable with C#, but I promise you there is someone in the world who can make a better audiogame in python than you could make in C#. And if you know what your doing and can code, I can also promise that there is someone in the world who's game in python would be nothing when compared to your game in C#. It's certainly fine to post your opinions, but please please don't mislead people with invalid facts that could cause them to make the wrong decision when choosing a language. What many people need to understand is that it's much more about the coder than it is the language they code with. The language plays a part certainly, but we don't want someone using C# and having a hard time with it when python would have been much easier for that particular person. And we also don't want someone to make the decision of using python and having a hard time because C# would have been easier for that particular person. But that will happen more and more with topics like this where we provide baseless facts about this or that language without proper evidence, thus misleading them. And I'm sorry, but the "You know I'm right" comment in particular just makes me cringe with the implied dickishness. If you think C# is what will work for you, that's awesome. And it's fine to post that in an opinionated form. As I said, more power to you if you've selected a language and can work with it. But others have different opinions, and you shouldn't try swaying potential devs to this or that with facts that I'm sorry, but are in some cases very wrong.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector