Re: For beginners. Why is C# better than Python for audio game development

OK. Some more misinformation heading our way! Let's stop that right here!
First, a map engine does not need to use a game engine at all. A server that performs map processing does not need to interact with the rest of a game's architecture. All it need do is act as an interface between the raw map data and the game engine.
Considering that I helped write a game engine in Python, with no C/C++ at all, and then used Python's DLL loading functions to call out to other DLLs for sound, a window and such, and that was quite fast, I'd say that owned you right there. I even drew primitive graphics (text mainly) too, and that took up hardly any time at all. Why? Because anyone who needs to do extremely heavy graphics-intensive operations would do the intelligent thing and go buy either a GPU or EGPU to do the graphics processing so their processor didn't need to do it all. Why the hell do you think we have this thing known as a graphics processing unit, eh? What the hell is it used for other than to, oh, I dunno, process graphics, mine cryptocurrency, and utilize machine learning? And why do you think its used for that? Its because you can fit a shit ton of cores in a GPU that you can't in a processor package. You can fit 15000 CUDA cores in a GPU with only a duo-core processor running at 3.2 GHz. And it would work fine because the OS would be smart enough to offload the graphics work to the GPU, and that intelligence comes from good ol drivers.
So, if you've got, say, a GTX1080 or RTX2080, and a processor running at 3.6 GHz, you can do map processing extremely quickly. The server does not, and should not, ever, be performing graphics operations; leave that up to the clients that connect to it. (Did you know that some servers don't have graphics cards or processorscapable of handling graphics because they don't need to do that? Did you know that some people don't use a monitor and keyboard to use their raspberry Pi's but instead SSH ino them because diect keyboard access isn't usually ever needed?)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector