Re: For beginners. Why is C# better than Python for audio game development

Why don't you want to see the point in this. World of tanks server is using stackless python, and the server, being a central controler, should be the best performant piece in an an online multiplayer game. Here we go about networking. But let me go a bit in detail about map processing and stuff. First of all, A map in an audio game, is nothing but probably strings, or dictionaries(depending on how the game developers want to code the map), and some objects that are classes. A map in an audio game is completely free of any graphics, therefore there will be no performance issues with the map as well. The only thing that is about such big maps, is the loading time and gta v with its so much long loading time says what it should. Nevertheless, I have to point out that the long loading time in gta v is not all due to its map loading. It'd be much longer if it would load the hoal map at startup, and god knows what would happen to the RAM memory of the user. In mainstream games, a map isn't loaded completely at startup. it loads the sections of the map that the player is going through, then unloads them. Otherwise such a huge map for gta V would be an instant kill for the user's memory. With that out of the way, With subtracting graphics from an audio game similar to gta, If the developer knows what they're doing and load the map like how they do it in a mainstream game, nothing will happen and the loading time at startup will be much, much faster than GTA V.
Your post is full of contradictions. You're saying You can't develop apps for android, then you're saying no, You can, but that's not enough. What does that mean? That's not enough? It's not food to be enough. It's android development with a programming language and it is possible to do that in python. Done.
Ok. May I know if possible, who were those experienced developers you are talking about? Experienced developers who use python that I know, in our community are carter, paul, sam, tiler spivy, liam, mason, hrvoje katik, Also some others that I missed or I don't know much about.
If you have talked about this to a video game developer, and heard such a responce that you can't code open world games in python, First it's normal because they develop "video games" not "audio games". Second, due to your idea about python and so like to bashing it, I can guess already that you haven't said much about how little resources are for an audio game compared to a video game. Programming a fine and smove audio game, in any programming language, needs a good developer too, who knows what they're doing.
In fact you are saying yourself, that without optimization a huge map like gta v's can't be there, and that is right and I'm saying the same thing. Except that you're just trying to curse at python, with a good atetude.
Hope What I said was clear enough. Because that's the best I can explane something, with my current knowledge of English.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : omer via Audiogames-reflector