Re: Android development

Hi,
I had been developing audiogames for Android in Java, Kotlin and C#, all of them worked quite well.
I personally hate Java, but it was usable for this purpose. My ide was AndroidStudio, although I used it just to generate projects along with gradle files, I prefer editing code in my own editor.
Kotlin is slightly better than Java, it has properties, what Java still doesn't, but I haven't liked it too much because of its null safety checks, which are very... unpleasant. You can use Kotlin with AndroidStudio like Java.
C# is the best option imo, it's the best composed language I know, and its potential shows fully also on Android. I haven't used Xamarin's multiplatform projects, just the Android as a target and it worked great.
I have ported my BgtKit library for it, which allows more natural touch and gestures processing, Sounds playing and positioning and few other useful functions. If you want to develop in Visualstudio and Xamarin and want some starting point, I can send it to you.
I again used vs as a project generator and later an apk packager, I haven't figured out yet how to do this from command line.

Best regardsd

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Belov via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Belov via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector