Re: Im making small games. Any requests

Ugh, really guys a beatemup?  I mean I like one now and then as well, but how disappointing.  All the options and this is the most popular one even though we have battle zone, BZR, TBR, bloodshed, scrolling battles and scrolling battles pro, crime hunter, Q9, Super Liam, The Gate, zompocolyps, danger city, kringle crash, Perilous hearts, Psycho Strike, and more?
Even though those don't all have boss's or massive waves of enemies, they are all side scrollers with plenty of enemies still and several have melee elements.  I just don't understand why, when offered something new that we don't have much or any of yet, this is the choice so many people made.
Especially when there are PS2 and 3 beatemups we can already play quite successfully...
Maybe I'm missing something, and I do realize that a game like that would be nice with a proper gamepad, but if this is what we first jump too when given such a great opportunity, even when people are always talking about the genres we lack when ever the question comes up, then maybe we deserve to be stuck 15 to 30 years in the past with all our games.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ghaith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector