Re: exercise sports fitness resources and equipment for the blind

OK, so I heard the podcast. I does have suggestions that are a bit outdated, like using a headphone jack to get voice feedback. Its also heavily U.s. based and that is understandable, though its a bit sad that you have to pass laws and enforce regulations just to have something as simple as marked buttons on exercise equipment. I know for one that in this country that will be decades if not more away and so that is why I exactly was describing the do it yourself solutions.
Why is the headphone jack not a good idea? because when you are moving, let alone running for example, it becomes really really difficult to do stuff... and wires most certainly get tangled and so on. That is exactly why I prefer some wireless protocol like bluetooth because even though its nature makes it have  terrible implementations, its still a hands free experience. Just pair and let the technology work. A cellphone can do a much better job of tracking your actual heart rate and estimate many things. Using cardioMez alone has been a really great guide for me because I now know when I am burning calories and when I am doing resistance training, all based on the heart rate zones I cover
In this case, I let the warm up cardio at the start of my training be no more than 70% of the rate, trying to stick to the lower end of that zone. I do feel the heat and sweat, burning,  and this is also referred to as the fat burning zone or fitness zone. For the ending cardio I do ramp it up some more. trying to mainly stay within the aerobic (70 to 80 percent) and have some moments in the anaerobic (80 to 90 percent) zone. Its hard! the app has better names for them though. Warm up, light, moderate, hard, max. I try to stay on hard zone in the final cardio. I probably will achieve some moments in the maximum zone in about two months, I hope.
Has anyone tried the google fit app? it seems promising, too.