Re: exercise sports fitness resources and equipment for the blind

so, finally got the earpiece linked above. Its impressive value for money. But there is a bit of a catch: it will not respect volume. Its just one set volume all the time. Not sure if there is something yet I don't know, have just tested it for a day, but well at least its loud enough at the gym. Its super tiny and never fell of my ear. The charging box as they describe it, is sort of like a USB stick but with the upper half off, similar to a small tray with a USB plug. The earpiece just snaps onto it. It has basic voice prompts including an apparent low battery reminder but I have not found that one out yet. I would say get it if you are just looking for a specific exercising earbud. Its everything I wanted because it does have a basic multi function button that you use to turn it on or off (hold the button for about two seconds and it will say power on or power off). Its apparently always visible, and its called g 5.0. No special pairing tricks needed. When on, hold the button for a second to bring up your voice assistant. Press it once to answer an incoming call and once again to hang up. Its all I know so far. As far as sound quality, its decent, more so than other earbuds or headphones in this rather modest price range. The audio fades in a bit when it starts, but the cardioMez app announcements are good enough so you get all of the necessary information without missing anything. I like this. It doesn't bug at all, its sweat resistant and served my purpose well. The only con is that you cannot change the volume even though your cellphone will say the percentages out loud, but its just a minor thing at least for me. Trust me when you exercise you want those indications or progress announcements loud and clear.
It comes with a small carrying case, a few extra earbud tips for bigger or smaller ears, the charging tray or charging box, and a set of English and Chinese instructions.