Re: preparation regarding copyright

@167 whether or not it's theft is beside the point. You can try using the golden rule argument, but the thing is, nintendo hasn't come on here compaining that pragma's game uswed their copyrighted material or threatened any legal action, so it's moot. It would be different if they had, and had gotten people to sympathize with them. They have not, and there's no sympathy at all, just people having fun playing a simple game!
The reason you proposed this change in the first place is because you are afraid of the forum being hit by some sort of law enforcement. It was never about whether any of this was morally right; you said so yourself. You kept bringing up how we didn't want to be on the wrong side of the law or something. Sure the spirit of the law is to have good morals, but the letter of the law, and the enforcement, is something quite different. To continue beating a wounded horse, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
But I'll humor you for just a little second. On torrent sites, which frequently have links that lead to trackers where people are hosting illegal material, the law goes after people and you will see notices that the site has taken down certain listings because of the DMCA. The sites have never been totally shut down after just 1 offense. There are tons of legit torrents. I am pretty sure that if some guy who we could verify was from Nintendo came on and said that we need to remove crazy party from the database because it had illegal material in it, a database editor damn well would, and pretty quicklytoo. THen we could start looking at changing the sounds or something. We don't need to now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector