Re: Announcing new additional admin

Ironcross, if you would care to show me an instance where I have let politics interfere with a staff-based decision, I'd be interested to see it. Oh, I've argued plenty with people about politics here on the forum, and have I ever gone too far? Possibly yes. I'll own that. But I have never warned someone because they're representative of the alt right, I've never threatened someone just because they're not a leftist, and I'm sure as hell not going to start.

You make some germain points, and I want to field them first, but I'm going to finish with a bit of a bang, so hold on.

1. Email list. I hate it. I've always hated it. I want a different way of connecting with other staff and have been saying this since the start. I would've liked a skype group or something, but this has not yet gotten off the ground.
2. Aaron. I've said even publicly that this is a problem he has. He is recognizing it, however, and trying to do better. I think he's getting there. I wouldn't go so far as to say he lets himself swing around; the fact is, he doesn't commit. It's not that he lets himself get guided to wherever people want him, it's that he waffles back and forth. He seems, to me at least, to be worried about offending people or being too firm; I've since told him to just say what he's thinking, air it out, state his opinion and get stuck in, because that's a good way for an admin to be. I'm not suggesting he just throw his weight around - anyone at all doing that can be an awful thing - but I am suggesting he show some more confidence. Because as I've pointed out, someone who's wishy-washy is bad for PR.
3. I did not propose being bumped up to an admin. I think it was either Liam or Carter who originally floated the idea of all mods becoming admins, and that somehow morphed into me showing up first. Carter is fairly busy at the moment, Arqmeister is still an admin and still happy to help out, Liam's future on the team is uncertain (though I've been trying to keep talks open on that front because I truly respect the guy and we could use his help). When it was brought to me, I said that the only way I would do it is if everyone else was generally okay with it. At that point, Aaron basically gave the list a few days to chew on it and issued the "speak now or forever hold your peace" line. No one had any objections, except to say that a few people might be pissed, and so it went.

Now, all those points are pretty good. But you're starting to remind me of the dude who was comparing me to Hitler earlier this afternoon. Yu're destroying all your credibility, because you don't just make good points and then end it. You have to make it personal. I'm not sure what bee you have in your bonnet, but if you want to be taken seriously, it's got to stop. All this business about dictatorship is bullshit. All the business about my politics affecting my judgment is unsubstantiated scaremongering. All the insinuations about how I'm just working all the other mods and admins over to my way of thinking is insulting to both myself and to all the others you think are being manipulated. You really, really need to put the brakes on when it comes to stuff like that, because as the old saying goes, you're writing cheques that you can't cash, and at some point the balance is going to come due with a vengeance. Speaking personally, you are sounding more and more like a conspiracy theorist out to suspect that I have this huge master plan to control everyone and everything (that word power-hungry gave you away, despite all of my evidence which proves this false), and I'm coming to a point where I feel less and less like I need to care what you think. For someone who does make good points sometimes, and who is intelligent enough to know how to handle himself, this is a bad thing.

My advice to you is to do one of two things:
1. Get out of here while you can, and stop trying to stir up dust; community failure clauses exist for a reason, or
2. Re-examine how you're coming across, and if you really want to be part of positive change, reassess how you're coming to the table. Notice how people take you seriously when you speak rationally? Try that a little more often, and you might get somewhere. Right now though, in my eyes at least, your credibility is sort of taking a pounding, and you can't afford that, with the rabble-rousing and shit-disturbing you've done in the past. Just by saying that you only did it to "people who had it coming" is telling in itself.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : simba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector