Re: Why should I be interested just because its popular?

@2, they think this way because it actually works. And we all know why (though some of us pretend to be hopelessly lost on the subject in the interest of nonconformism.) A popular brand is a trusted brand. We are all less likely to go for something that we've hardly heard of.

Netflix and Amazon don't care if we like or don't like something. As long as they have our money. I remember a movie I watched recently called Birdbox. It was immensely popular, and since everyone was talking about it, it got even more people to watch. I finally caved and watched it, and hated it. One of the worst movies I've ever watched. But it was popular, hence use of Netflix services, hence more money for them.

Think about that guy you know (we all know at least one) who has the worst pickup line ever, and he keeps using it, over and over. Or that guy who engages in inappropriate behavior towards women to the point where you can't stand being around him, but he keeps doing it (again, we all have that one guy friend.) Why does he keep doing these things? Because somewhere, his pickup line worked. And, he's probably had sex more than you as his proper, upright wing man. He doesn't care if you, as his wing man, don't like what he's doing. It's getting him somewhere and that's all he cares about. This is how it is with advertisers.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector