Re: Why should I be interested just because its popular?

If you have lunatics as an actual threat in the film, that has already pretty deviated from the book. The book has barely four or five characters, and though there is one guy whose up to no good whom you later find has seen the creatures, he's just one guy. actually he comes across as a real idiot mostly because his cover story is completely crap and all the main cast look like morons for believing him.

The book also doesn't explain the creatures, but that was one aspect I personally liked, since in horror terms its always what you don't know that scares you.

then again I said a lot of this in the review anyhow.