Re: wayfar1444, a colonization/strategy futuristic mud

I highly recommend frog1322 for colonial use. I don't know if it's just where I landed, but there seems to be everything I need with in a 10 room radius, which is probably how I'm able to make extremely complicated vehicles in less than three hours. A friend told me that on 7bluejay, it took him six straight hours to craft a certain vehicle. I obtained the blueprint for that same vehicle and crafted it in about one hour. So yeah, frog is pretty great.
@dark: I think the types of resources available depends on the type of terrain you're visiting. For example, forests tend to have more organic materials such as fibers and lumber, while the deserts usually contain gems and metals. If you're looking for rarer materials, you'll have to visit a moon, which have radioactive metals, magnetic metals and a bunch more.