Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Most of the time, when a fleet scatters, they scatter to the nearest compass points around whatever they hit. At that point, once you have found one, you have found them all through the uses of the n key.
If they scatter all across known space, it's honestly just easier to write off the fleet, use whatever detections you got and maybe if you're lucky you will grab a few and get them to a safe port. Also make use of your capital ships when you can!

The easiest way I have found to do things is to jump through all your colonies with K and Shift K, make sure all your ships are fleeted up, or at least, if they are not, they are waiting to be, and use of V to see if that unit has any orders, or shift V on a location to see if anything has autopilot set to that location.

Shift V is really useful when fleet 108 gets disbanded, but you don't remember which fleet 108 was, so just check all the places which you had fleets going to with shift V.

Example:

Fleet 108 gets disbanded. Me, being the forgetful person have three current objectives. One, fleet headed to Wevoca, one headed to Gehenna, and one to Bolivar. I know my fleet to bolivar is fine because it is massive and will be held together if it comes across a hazard. My other two though it could be different because they were colonization fleets and not quite so robust, so I go to Wevoca hit shift V, nope, fleet 105 is still on course, so it must be Gehenna. So I go to Gehenna, then start walking my view around the map until I get to wherever I launched from and find my missing fleet.

Alternatively, if you are feeling ambitious, if you knew the composition of the fleet, cycle through with y, to a type of ship, colony ship for instance, and then go through with S since that will only focus on unfleeted colony ships.

Spoilers again maybe:

Ships only move north south east or west. You will not move on slopes, or northeast, northwest southeast southwest. Plan accordingly.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Quasar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector