Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Hi.

On our end the speech is not unclear. There are quite a few people playing it without issue. Two things come to mind.

1. The speech is pretty loud. Try turning it down in settings or just by pressing f5 after the game is running. Even if it doesn't sound loud, it might be possible that it is distorting the compression on your sound card. I actually have a sound card that does that, and I have to turn affects off in windows itself. I have issues with everything sounding silly though when this is on, and I quite honestly wonder why pc manufacturers even bother. With this Lenovo if I wear headphones and use my screen reader or play any game for very long at all my ears start ringing and I get dizzy and my head hurts, until I turn Dolby off.

I also have a little tablet AsusTeK T100TA-Am that distorts if the speech is at anything louder than say, -10 on speakers. Works fine with headphones though. The speakers distort easily on that tablet anyway so this is not a surprise.

2. The speech files are all jumbled together. It may take practice to understand the speech this way. The default separation is what we think is a good compromise of intelligibility versus efficiency, but it may help to try setting speech file queue before end delay all the way down to 0 to bring this more in line with how most games using recorded speech work. This item is also in settings.

3. Can't promise anything yet because this is in the early stages and we may hit an unforeseen road block, but we might possibly be making it easy to switch to a different speech pack.

Aaron

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector