Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

@90 It would still have been an insensitive remark even not knowing that. Try attacking the problem and not the person. I think we're all too quick to forget that there are real people behind the keyboard at times.

@89 your ideals do not line up with reality, unfortunately. You claim we quote, want it both ways, end quote; that is simply not the case. Seeing how the main method of feedback in this game is recorded human speech, it is not unreasonable to assert that the voice in question should be clear, easy to understand and at least somewhat pleasant. You seem to be forgetting the fact that we do have a fair few international community members who do understand English; however, with it being their second or even third language, a clear voice would really help them out.

Further, you seem to be under the impression that people are complaining about a perfectly pleasant voice, and that's just not the case. I don't want to harp on about it because of the circumstances, it's not exactly a nice thing to do, but perhaps the decision to do this in house with someone was a bit ill-conceived. As to your comments on whether a person with a speech impediment should use their voice professionally, i would say most likely not. I don't use my eyes professionally, and most totals wouldn't either. VI people might, depending on the severity of their condition, but even then, it's not affecting anyone else, and they're able to do what needs doing.

I understand how this is a touchy topic. I don't exactly enjoy pointing out someone's disability or making that the focal point of the discussion. In this case though, I will say that the voice in question is not suitable for professional work. I don't have any malice or ill will towards the owner of that voice, and indeed wish them well and the company itself well in its pursuit of making more games.

Yes, I agree that the decision is yours, but pointing out that intransigence and close-mindedness will hurt the game and the company overall is simply criticism. Take it or leave it as you will. The best games strive for a balance between the developers' vision and community feedback ((suggestions, criticisms, etc.).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector