Re: AGAIN Archive: 403 Forbidden

@Aaron: the archive definitely isn't going anywhere regardless of the presence of a torrent. The constant traffic is a bigger threat, but hopefully my posting here that I just renewed the domain yesterday will help to alleviate some of the concern.

While I appreciate the advantages of a torrent and it has been suggested before, it's not something I, personally, have plans to develop in the near or mid future.

This said, I certainly don't want to discourage anyone else from doing so. I'll also make sure to include the rest of our developers, so that if someone on the team feels differently than I do, they can pitch in here as well.

If anyone here (not part of the archive team) does decide to develop this torrent, I'm going to ask you to respect the following restrictions though:
First, Contact us before you start downloading the site. We are still experiencing high traffic, and as the month draws to a close, somebody hitting every file on the site without first notifying us is probably going to get a ban, and since I did post this first, probably won't get it lifted when you complain. Additionally, if you need to download new content when we make updates, download only the files you actually need, not the whole site.
Second, respect developers. There's a reason torrents are considered a legal gray area, and if you want to develop something using the archive as the principle, then you need to do it properly.
Finally, don't represent your torrent as being endorsed by or part of the archive. It's your work and your responsibility, not ours.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : martsales via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daniel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : john via Audiogames-reflector