Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

@VGA
I don't think it's that people truly believe a partially def person should feel like they can't talk for fear of shame, hell I have allot of partially def friends, one of them even sings a couple songs he's memorized and sounds pretty good too.
More I think it's that, because we are also disabled, we don't feel like we need to dance around the issue, yank your chain and wear kit gloves quite as much as someone who isn't.  We aren't terrified of going directly to hell without passing go or collecting 200 dollars by saying something...
A blind person drawing graphics for their game is a crap idea if they don't have enough vision to do it properly, and so is a person with a speech impediment (if it's strong enough to be a problem for people) doing voice over work
This is just fact, feelings shouldn't enter into it, but that's unrealistic as we're humans.  And again it only really matters this much because the game is paid...  Before the only one it hurt was you guys, now it's potentially the customers.
We've said it allot of times in allot of ways.  Nicely and not so nicely...  It's too bad it had to come to a head like this but you probably should have just listened to us earlier and bit the SAPI/Screen Reader bullet despite the issues, as many games have in the past successfully, or gotten someone else to do vocals or recorded TTS samples and used them with your existing system.
And let me make it clear that I'm not excusing people being super blunt or dickish about this either, but the truth still remains weather or not any of us likes it, and trust me, no one with even a shred of empathy wanted to say anything that could hurt Aaron's feelings once they found out it was a disability, they just felt they had too at a certain point despite their misgivings about it.

I still enjoy intercepter despite the voice, and I think I could deal with this game too as the gameplay would probably make up for it, but it's still a menu driven game and it would be distracting from the experience you've worked so hard to craft for us.
Either way though I don't have the cash for it LOL.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector